Be Purple: What Blue Team Cyber Defenders Need to Know About Red Team Attack Methods
8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Dr. Cynthia Hsu, Cybersecurity Program Manager, NRECA
- Grayson Estes, Cybersecurity Subject Matter Expert, NRECA
Understanding the tools cyber attackers can use will help you build the skills you need to protect your cooperative against a cyber attack. In this full-day session, participants will:
- Become familiar with common attack methods
- Understand the roles of the Blue Team, Red Team, and Purple Team in cybersecurity exercises
- Learn how to use defense strategies against Red Team attack methods
At the end of the workshop, participants will have a better understanding of how to harden their systems, and how to think like an attacker to identify vulnerabilities in their systems.
Participants will need to bring their own computer to complete the exercises.