Why You Should Sign Up for Cyber and Physical Security Notifications from the Electricity Information Sharing and Analysis Center (E-ISAC)
Every electric utility, including electric cooperatives of all sizes, needs affordable and timely access to cyber and physical security threat/vulnerability information in order to operate their systems in a reliable and secure manner. The Electricity Information Sharing and Analysis Center (E-ISAC) is managed by the North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) and provides this information to the electric utility industry for free whether your cooperative is required to comply with NERC standards or not.
The E-ISAC operates as a two-way information sharing entity – it takes in information from government, industry and other related organizations, and after analyzing it for accuracy and importance to the electric sector, it shares that information with entities that have signed up to receive those notifications through the secure E-ISAC Portal. NERC’s compliance and enforcement role is separate from the E-ISAC role so that entities will be more comfortable with sharing information. NRECA strongly encourages cooperatives to sign up for the E-ISAC. Today’s session will highlight why your cooperative should sign up!
- Barry Lawson – Senior Director, Regulatory Issues – NRECA
- Bluma Sussman – Associate Director, Member Engagement, Electricity Information Sharing and Analysis Center – North American Electric Reliability Corporation
- Blockchain: What Utilities Need to KnowD, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM
- Energy Storage Uses Cases and ProcurementD, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Wood Pole Inspection and Inventory MaintenanceD, 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM
- How to Modernize and Improve Safety Practices with TechnologyD, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- Practical Integration of Dispatchable Solar + Energy StorageD, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM