TECHTALK: Upgrading Legacy Load Management Systems to Prepare for Distributed Energy Resources
Many cooperatives still use legacy systems and paging communications to manage load management programs. There has not been enough perceived value to upgrade to modern systems with two-way communications. However, the emergence distributed energy resources (DER) has changed the equation and the time is now to implement technologies that will help manage the changing grid. This session will introduce two-way communications for critical loads and its strategic direction for managing DERs.
- Jason Cigarran – Director, Marketing Communications – Itron
- Rate Considerations Related to Solar Distributed GenerationE, 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
- Wireless Communications: A Necessity for Grid Modernization – Many Options and OpportunitiesE, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Solutions to Common Distribution Protection ChallengesE, 8:40 AM - 9:10 AM
- Load Studies Using Interval AMI DataE, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- Solving Power Quality Issues from Large Motor Starts using Fast-Acting Capacitor Bank AssistanceE, 9:20 AM - 9:50 AM