TECHTALK: Upgrading Legacy Load Management Systems to Prepare for Distributed Energy Resources
Many cooperatives still use legacy systems and paging communications to manage load management programs. There has not been enough perceived value to upgrade to modern systems with two-way communications. However, the emergence distributed energy resources (DER) has changed the equation and the time is now to implement technologies that will help manage the changing grid. This session will introduce two-way communications for critical loads and its strategic direction for managing DERs.
- Jason Cigarran – Director, Marketing Communications – Itron
- TECHTALK: Upgrading Legacy Load Management Systems to Prepare for Distributed Energy ResourcesB, 1:45 PM - 2:15 PM
- IT's JeopardyB, 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- TECHTALK: Case Study for Building a Business Case for FLISR Based on Outage Prevention and Restoration BenefitsB, 2:45 PM - 3:15 PM
- How Big is Your Footprint? OSINT Tools and TechniquesB, 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- TECHTALK: Using Virtual Reality to Reduce Risk and Facilitate Training in the utility industryB, 3:45 PM - 4:15 PM