TECHTALK: Upgrading Legacy Load Management Systems to Prepare for Distributed Energy Resources
Many cooperatives still use legacy systems and paging communications to manage load management programs. There has not been enough perceived value to upgrade to modern systems with two-way communications. However, the emergence distributed energy resources (DER) has changed the equation and the time is now to implement technologies that will help manage the changing grid. This session will introduce two-way communications for critical loads and its strategic direction for managing DERs.
- Jason Cigarran – Director, Marketing Communications – Itron
- Blockchain: What Utilities Need to KnowD, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM
- Energy Storage Uses Cases and Procurement D, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Wood Pole Inspection and Inventory MaintenanceD, 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM
- How to Modernize and Improve Safety Practices with TechnologyD, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- Practical Integration of Dispatchable Solar + Energy StorageD, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM