The New World: Training for Reliable Distribution Operations
As new technologies and rising reliability expectations grip our industry, there is increasing emphasis on optimizing electric distribution system design and operations. Your distribution system operators are critical to success in this new world. Two cooperatives and a leading training expert share the methods being used to train and retain distribution control center personnel and prepare our next generation of operations employees.
- Rocky Sease – Owner/CEO – SOS Intl
- Kevin Jordan – PE, Supervisory Engineer – Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Phillip Amaya – Technical Services Division Manager – Magic Valley Electric Cooperative
- Patti Metro – Senior Grid Operations and Reliability Director – NRECA
- TECHTALK: How to Harvest the Cost Savings and Public Relations Gold from an LED Streetlight UpgradeC, 1:45 PM - 2:15 PM
- How to Think Like a CriminalC, 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- TECHTALK: Organizing Chaos: Proactively Planning Utility Security Protocol Regarding On-Site ThreatsC, 2:45 PM - 3:15 PM
- TECHTALK: Leakers... What a Mess! Cost Effective Methods for Repairing Transformer and Circuit Breaker Oil LeaksC, 3:45 PM - 4:15 PM
- Blockchain: What Utilities Need to KnowD, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM