The New World: Training for Reliable Distribution Operations
As new technologies and rising reliability expectations grip our industry, there is increasing emphasis on optimizing electric distribution system design and operations. Your distribution system operators are critical to success in this new world. Two cooperatives and a leading training expert share the methods being used to train and retain distribution control center personnel and prepare our next generation of operations employees.
- Rocky Sease – Owner/CEO – SOS Intl
- Kevin Jordan – PE, Supervisory Engineer – Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Phillip Amaya – Technical Services Division Manager – Magic Valley Electric Cooperative
- Patti Metro – Senior Grid Operations and Reliability Director – NRECA
- New Trends and Technologies in SafetyF, 10:30 AM - 11:30 AM
- Cybersecurity Tabletop Exercises: Lessons Learned from Co-opsF, 11:15 AM - 12:15 PM
- Create a Smart Take on DataF, 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- Building for the Future: Electric Cooperative Facility PlanningF, 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Understanding the Changes to EPA’s Greenhouse Gas Emission Standards for New and Existing Power PlantsG, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM