The New World: Training for Reliable Distribution Operations
As new technologies and rising reliability expectations grip our industry, there is increasing emphasis on optimizing electric distribution system design and operations. Your distribution system operators are critical to success in this new world. Two cooperatives and a leading training expert share the methods being used to train and retain distribution control center personnel and prepare our next generation of operations employees.
- Rocky Sease – Owner/CEO – SOS Intl
- Kevin Jordan – PE, Supervisory Engineer – Horry Electric Cooperative, Inc.
- Phillip Amaya – Technical Services Division Manager – Magic Valley Electric Cooperative
- Safely Guiding Crews and Resources During Mutual Aid Events: A Case Study on Emergency Planning with Dairyland Power CooperativeD, 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Rate Considerations Related to Solar Distributed GenerationE, 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
- Wireless Communications: A Necessity for Grid Modernization – Many Options and OpportunitiesE, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Solutions to Common Distribution Protection ChallengesE, 8:40 AM - 9:10 AM
- Load Studies Using Interval AMI DataE, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM