The FCC’s RuDOF Broadband Auction: Process, Timelines, and Next Steps
In January 2020, the FCC adopted rules to award $20.4 billion through the Rural Digital Opportunity Fund (RuDOF) to provide 10 years of ongoing Universal Service Fund support for voice and broadband services in high cost areas. To award this support, the FCC has proposed using a reverse-auction format similar to the successful CAF-II auction that awarded $1.5 billion in 2018. In CAF-II, a significant number of rural electric coops won funding to deploy state-of-the art networks in their service areas. RuDOF is a top priority for the FCC and is moving forward quickly. FCC staff will explain the RuDOF process, potential timeline, and next steps for electric coops interested in participating in this program.
- Nathan Eagan – Chief of Staff – Rural Broadband Auctions Task Force, Federal Communications Commission
- Solar Inverter Impact on Coop Distribution GridsG, 4:15 PM - 5:15 PM
- Safety, Security & Evacuation and Contingency PlanningH, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Stock to the FutureH, 9:15 AM - 10:30 AM
- New Approaches to Mitigating Wildfire RiskH, 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Rules of Engagement: Enhance and Improve Your NegotiationsH, 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM