TECHTALK: The Power of FirstNet
Due to communications challenges during the response to the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the 9/11 Commission recommended the establishment of a single, interoperable network for public safety. FirstNet was established in 2012 with a mission on public safety’s express concerns and desires. The FirstNet network is committed to supporting public safety and those who support this vital effort, like our nation’s utilities. This session will demonstrate how electric cooperatives can benefit from FirstNet and specifically AT&T’s Enhanced Push-to-Talk (ePTT), a FirstNet Certified™ application, that allows you to map team member locations, transmit text, images, video and interoperate with a two-way radio systems to extend communications.
- Brian Wozniak – Senior Consultant, Advanced Enterprise Mobility Solutions – AT&T
- A Test Case for Conservation Voltage OptimizationC, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM
- Case Study on Cybersecurity Framework for MicrogridsC, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- 20/20 Hindsight: Transitioning from PLC Pioneer to Next-Gen AMIC, 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM
- Third Party SecurityC, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- CRISP: Two Cooperative's ExperiencesC, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM