TECHTALK: The Power of FirstNet
Due to communications challenges during the response to the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the 9/11 Commission recommended the establishment of a single, interoperable network for public safety. FirstNet was established in 2012 with a mission on public safety’s express concerns and desires. The FirstNet network is committed to supporting public safety and those who support this vital effort, like our nation’s utilities. This session will demonstrate how electric cooperatives can benefit from FirstNet and specifically AT&T’s Enhanced Push-to-Talk (ePTT), a FirstNet Certified™ application, that allows you to map team member locations, transmit text, images, video and interoperate with a two-way radio systems to extend communications.
- Brian Wozniak – Senior Consultant, Advanced Enterprise Mobility Solutions – AT&T
- Create a Smart Take on DataF, 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- Building for the Future: Electric Cooperative Facility PlanningF, 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Understanding the Changes to EPA’s Greenhouse Gas Emission Standards for New and Existing Power PlantsG, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM
- How New Open Data Efforts are Elevating Grid ModelingG, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Deploying FLISR at the Coop LevelG, 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM