TECHTALK: The Power of FirstNet
Due to communications challenges during the response to the 9/11 terrorist attacks, the 9/11 Commission recommended the establishment of a single, interoperable network for public safety. FirstNet was established in 2012 with a mission on public safety’s express concerns and desires. The FirstNet network is committed to supporting public safety and those who support this vital effort, like our nation’s utilities. This session will demonstrate how electric cooperatives can benefit from FirstNet and specifically AT&T’s Enhanced Push-to-Talk (ePTT), a FirstNet Certified™ application, that allows you to map team member locations, transmit text, images, video and interoperate with a two-way radio systems to extend communications.
- Brian Wozniak – Senior Consultant, Advanced Enterprise Mobility Solutions – AT&T
- Overhead Reliability Solutions Case Study: Habersham EMC and Davey Resource GroupD, 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- TECHTALK: Utility Battery Storage EconomicsD, 2:45 PM - 3:15 PM
- Safely Guiding Crews and Resources During Mutual Aid Events: A Case Study on Emergency Planning with Dairyland Power CooperativeD, 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Rate Considerations Related to Solar Distributed GenerationE, 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
- Wireless Communications: A Necessity for Grid Modernization – Many Options and OpportunitiesE, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM