TECHTALK: The Night the Lights went out in Elkhart County…and Interval Data Came to the Rescue (and other case studies)
Engineers are often asked to assess the impact of re-configuring the distribution system to accommodate storm restoration, preventative maintenance or T&D construction projects. Those studies are best done by analyzing metered loads in an engineering analysis tool configured to match system conditions. Noble REMC tested such capability in February 2019, when a Piper PA-32 collided with a transmission tower near Goshen Airport. By analyzing customer loads from the prior evening, Noble REMC restored service in a timely, yet unconventional, way.
- Krista Kotur – E&O Sr. Professional Svcs. Consultant – NISC
- Creative Partnerships in Cooperative BroadbandD, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- How a Pilot in the IOU Space may Transform Wireless Broadband Opportunities for Co-opsD, 9:15 AM - 10:30 AM
- IT PEER-To-PEER Part 1D, 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- IT PEER-To-PEER Part 2D, 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM
- CEO-lead Fiber Broadband Discussion: Three of the Top Fiber Projects in the CountryD, 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM