TECHTALK: The Night the Lights went out in Elkhart County…and Interval Data Came to the Rescue (and other case studies)
Engineers are often asked to assess the impact of re-configuring the distribution system to accommodate storm restoration, preventative maintenance or T&D construction projects. Those studies are best done by analyzing metered loads in an engineering analysis tool configured to match system conditions. Noble REMC tested such capability in February 2019, when a Piper PA-32 collided with a transmission tower near Goshen Airport. By analyzing customer loads from the prior evening, Noble REMC restored service in a timely, yet unconventional, way.
- Krista Kotur – E&O Sr. Professional Svcs. Consultant – NISC
- Solar Inverter Impact on Coop Distribution GridsG, 4:15 PM - 5:15 PM
- Safety, Security & Evacuation and Contingency PlanningH, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Stock to the FutureH, 9:15 AM - 10:30 AM
- New Approaches to Mitigating Wildfire RiskH, 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Rules of Engagement: Enhance and Improve Your NegotiationsH, 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM