TECHTALK: The Convergence of Smart Grid and the Smart Home
As members look to conserve energy or just improve the comfort in their home, many members are investing in Smart Grid IoT technology such as programmable thermostats, water heater monitors, smart outlets and LED lighting. This presentation will show how forward-thinking Electric Cooperatives are leveraging Smart Home technology to enable members to really benefit from Smart Grid applications. This leads to higher member satisfaction as well as reduced energy costs for members as well as the Cooperative themselves.
- Carl Meyerhoefer – Senior Director, Strategic and Solutions Marketing – Calix
- TECHTALK: Upgrading Legacy Load Management Systems to Prepare for Distributed Energy ResourcesB, 1:45 PM - 2:15 PM
- IT's JeopardyB, 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- TECHTALK: Case Study for Building a Business Case for FLISR Based on Outage Prevention and Restoration BenefitsB, 2:45 PM - 3:15 PM
- How Big is Your Footprint? OSINT Tools and TechniquesB, 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- TECHTALK: Using Virtual Reality to Reduce Risk and Facilitate Training in the utility industryB, 3:45 PM - 4:15 PM