TECHTALK: Implementing a Battery Energy Storage System in a Distribution Grid
In this presentation United Power Inc., a Colorado Cooperative, will discuss their rationale for adding a Battery Energy Storage System (BESS) into their peak shaving portfolio, and how they incorporated it into their existing SCADA system. The presenter will discuss the selection rationale, communication requirements, integration with ADMS, and the integration process. The presentation will also address the issues that arose, and lessons learned throughout the process.
- Chris Bishara – Distribution Engineer – United Power Inc.
- Daniel Nechay – Product Manager – Survalent Technology Corporation
- In an Integrated IT/OT World, Structured Control Center Training is the Key to Performance ImprovementsC, 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Load Management Strategies when Integrating Electric VehiclesC, 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM
- Leveraging GIS to Improve Emergency Preparedness and Response-From an Electric Cooperative PerspectiveC, 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM
- TECHTALK: The Cooperative Role in EV Charging InfrastructureC, 11:00 AM - 11:30 AM
- TECHTALK: Tool Training and SafetyC, 12:00 PM - 12:30 PM