TECHTALK: Spark Prevention Unit (SPU) Arresters: Wildfire Protection & Lineman Safety
Surge arresters are positioned on distribution lines to protect the grid against lightning and switching overvoltages. During abnormal events, arresters are designed to sacrifice themselves. This can introduce the risk of sparks, posing an issue to linemen in close proximity and widespread damage if the sparks fall on dry vegetation surrounding the pole. Join us to learn about the Spark Prevention Unit, applied to interrupt the short-circuit current flow in case of an overload, significantly reducing wildfire and personnel hazards.
- Michael Godfrey – Application Engineer – ABB Inc.
- Creative Partnerships in Cooperative BroadbandD, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- How a Pilot in the IOU Space may Transform Wireless Broadband Opportunities for Co-opsD, 9:15 AM - 10:30 AM
- IT PEER-To-PEER Part 1D, 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- IT PEER-To-PEER Part 2D, 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM
- CEO-lead Fiber Broadband Discussion: Three of the Top Fiber Projects in the CountryD, 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM