TECHTALK: Remodeling GIS on a Mobile Platform Driven by Analytics and Automation!
With thought leadership and our partners at Futura, TCEC saw an opportunity to improve map integrity, accuracy in outage data, and decrease line loss. Using analytics, we identified potential problem areas to initiate reform including transformer overload analysis, improperly sized conductors, and missing devices. We pushed data assignments to field personnel and updated the data using iOS devices. This automatically corrected GIS, improved line loss, outage response time, engineering analysis, fault detection, and helped balanced load across our systems.
- Glenn Williams – Applications Specialist – Tri-County Electric
- Blockchain: What Utilities Need to KnowD, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM
- Energy Storage Uses Cases and Procurement D, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Wood Pole Inspection and Inventory MaintenanceD, 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM
- How to Modernize and Improve Safety Practices with TechnologyD, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- Practical Integration of Dispatchable Solar + Energy StorageD, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM