TECHTALK: Remodeling GIS on a Mobile Platform Driven by Analytics and Automation!
With thought leadership and our partners at Futura, TCEC saw an opportunity to improve map integrity, accuracy in outage data, and decrease line loss. Using analytics, we identified potential problem areas to initiate reform including transformer overload analysis, improperly sized conductors, and missing devices. We pushed data assignments to field personnel and updated the data using iOS devices. This automatically corrected GIS, improved line loss, outage response time, engineering analysis, fault detection, and helped balanced load across our systems.
- Glenn Williams – Applications Specialist – Tri-County Electric
- Cooperative Contributions to Military ResiliencyB, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM
- Cybersecurity Best Practices for IoT/Network Devices: A Case Study on South River EMCB, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- One Year of Using Big Data and Cloud Computing to Improve Reliability at Platte-Clay Electric CooperativeB, 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM
- Hurricane Irma 2017 - The Experience of The Florida Key Electric CooperativeB, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- Office 365 Administration and Best PracticesB, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM