Rate Considerations Related to Solar Distributed Generation
As distributed energy resources (DER) gain prevalence on distribution system, implementation of sound rate design methodology is more important than ever for electric utilities. IEEE Standard 1547 addresses many of the engineering concerns related to the interconnection of DER, but there is limited documentation with respect to the economic impact to utilities and their customers under various interconnection scenarios. There are a number of rate structures deployed among electric utilities today that address the impact of consumer DER augmentation with variable consequences to both the consumer and the utility. The presentation evaluates scenarios under varying levels of solar penetration and the most frequently utilized billing mechanisms.
- Adam Toth, P.E., Vice President, Toth Associates, Inc.
- Blockchain: What Utilities Need to KnowD, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM
- Energy Storage Uses Cases and ProcurementD, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Wood Pole Inspection and Inventory MaintenanceD, 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM
- How to Modernize and Improve Safety Practices with TechnologyD, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- Practical Integration of Dispatchable Solar + Energy StorageD, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM