Rate Considerations Related to Solar Distributed Generation
As distributed energy resources (DER) gain prevalence on distribution system, implementation of sound rate design methodology is more important than ever for electric utilities. IEEE Standard 1547 addresses many of the engineering concerns related to the interconnection of DER, but there is limited documentation with respect to the economic impact to utilities and their customers under various interconnection scenarios. There are a number of rate structures deployed among electric utilities today that address the impact of consumer DER augmentation with variable consequences to both the consumer and the utility. The presentation evaluates scenarios under varying levels of solar penetration and the most frequently utilized billing mechanisms.
- Adam Toth, P.E., Vice President, Toth Associates, Inc.
- A Test Case for Conservation Voltage OptimizationC, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM
- Case Study on Cybersecurity Framework for MicrogridsC, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- 20/20 Hindsight: Transitioning from PLC Pioneer to Next-Gen AMIC, 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM
- Third Party SecurityC, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- CRISP: Two Cooperative's ExperiencesC, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM