Rate Considerations Related to Solar Distributed Generation
As distributed energy resources (DER) gain prevalence on distribution system, implementation of sound rate design methodology is more important than ever for electric utilities. IEEE Standard 1547 addresses many of the engineering concerns related to the interconnection of DER, but there is limited documentation with respect to the economic impact to utilities and their customers under various interconnection scenarios. There are a number of rate structures deployed among electric utilities today that address the impact of consumer DER augmentation with variable consequences to both the consumer and the utility. The presentation evaluates scenarios under varying levels of solar penetration and the most frequently utilized billing mechanisms.
- Adam Toth, P.E., Vice President, Toth Associates, Inc.
- Understanding the Changes to EPA’s Greenhouse Gas Emission Standards for New and Existing Power PlantsG, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM
- How New Open Data Efforts are Elevating Grid ModelingG, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Deploying FLISR at the Coop LevelG, 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM
- Supply Chain Management and Procurement Roundtable - Part 1G, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- Beyond Passwords and Firewalls: Cybersecurity Tactics for Today’s Co-opG, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM