Rate Considerations Related to Solar Distributed Generation
As distributed energy resources (DER) gain prevalence on distribution system, implementation of sound rate design methodology is more important than ever for electric utilities. IEEE Standard 1547 addresses many of the engineering concerns related to the interconnection of DER, but there is limited documentation with respect to the economic impact to utilities and their customers under various interconnection scenarios. There are a number of rate structures deployed among electric utilities today that address the impact of consumer DER augmentation with variable consequences to both the consumer and the utility. The presentation evaluates scenarios under varying levels of solar penetration and the most frequently utilized billing mechanisms.
- Adam Toth, P.E., Vice President, Toth Associates, Inc.
- TECHTALK: Utility Battery Storage EconomicsD, 2:45 PM - 3:15 PM
- Safely Guiding Crews and Resources During Mutual Aid Events: A Case Study on Emergency Planning with Dairyland Power CooperativeD, 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Rate Considerations Related to Solar Distributed GenerationE, 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
- Wireless Communications: A Necessity for Grid Modernization – Many Options and OpportunitiesE, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Solutions to Common Distribution Protection ChallengesE, 8:40 AM - 9:10 AM