Predictive Data Analytics for Fault Prevention
The advent of technology and communications has allowed for extensive data to be collected on a distribution system. Supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) has allowed for this data to be collected and interpreted in real time. Events that happen on the distribution system of a transient nature are now able to be captured, analyzed and interpreted in near real time, and can be responded to on a fast timeline. The response may be efficient enough to isolate and test a suspected piece of equipment before a fault ever occurs; this can have a big impact on outage metrics.
- Troy Knutson, P.E. – Manager of Engineering – Cass County Electric Cooperative
- Battery Energy Storage and StandardsF, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Start Here to Make the Case for Cybersecurity InvestmentF, 9:15 AM - 10:30 AM
- Battery Energy Storage Procurement and Business Model Best PracticesF, 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Scenario Planning for Technological ChangeF, 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM
- Business Case for Intelligent Grid Edge ControlF, 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM