Practical Integration of Dispatchable Solar + Energy Storage
AES DE is constructing a 28 MWdc solar + 20 MWac battery energy storage solution for KIUC to provide the utility pure energy arbitrage and to shift much of the PV energy to the nighttime to offset the need for oil-based power generation.
This presentation is an introduction of the challenges, the approach we took together, what is working, and the impact on resource planning.
- Rob Cooper – Business Development Manager – AES Distributed Energy
- Brad Rockwell – Power Supply Manager – Kauai Island Utility Cooperative
- Sam Ley – Senior Energy Systems Engineer – AES Distributed Energy
- Understanding the Changes to EPA’s Greenhouse Gas Emission Standards for New and Existing Power PlantsG, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM
- How New Open Data Efforts are Elevating Grid ModelingG, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Deploying FLISR at the Coop LevelG, 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM
- Supply Chain Management and Procurement Roundtable - Part 1G, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- Beyond Passwords and Firewalls: Cybersecurity Tactics for Today’s Co-opG, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM