Practical Integration of Dispatchable Solar + Energy Storage
AES DE is constructing a 28 MWdc solar + 20 MWac battery energy storage solution for KIUC to provide the utility pure energy arbitrage and to shift much of the PV energy to the nighttime to offset the need for oil-based power generation.
This presentation is an introduction of the challenges, the approach we took together, what is working, and the impact on resource planning.
- Rob Cooper – Business Development Manager – AES Distributed Energy
- Brad Rockwell – Power Supply Manager – Kauai Island Utility Cooperative
- Sam Ley – Senior Energy Systems Engineer – AES Distributed Energy
- Overhead Reliability Solutions Case Study: Habersham EMC and Davey Resource GroupD, 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- TECHTALK: Utility Battery Storage EconomicsD, 2:45 PM - 3:15 PM
- Safely Guiding Crews and Resources During Mutual Aid Events: A Case Study on Emergency Planning with Dairyland Power CooperativeD, 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Rate Considerations Related to Solar Distributed GenerationE, 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
- Wireless Communications: A Necessity for Grid Modernization – Many Options and OpportunitiesE, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM