Practical Integration of Dispatchable Solar + Energy Storage
AES DE is constructing a 28 MWdc solar + 20 MWac battery energy storage solution for KIUC to provide the utility pure energy arbitrage and to shift much of the PV energy to the nighttime to offset the need for oil-based power generation.
This presentation is an introduction of the challenges, the approach we took together, what is working, and the impact on resource planning.
- Rob Cooper – Business Development Manager – AES Distributed Energy
- Brad Rockwell – Power Supply Manager – Kauai Island Utility Cooperative
- Sam Ley – Senior Energy Systems Engineer – AES Distributed Energy
- A Test Case for Conservation Voltage OptimizationC, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM
- Case Study on Cybersecurity Framework for MicrogridsC, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- 20/20 Hindsight: Transitioning from PLC Pioneer to Next-Gen AMIC, 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM
- Third Party SecurityC, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- CRISP: Two Cooperative's ExperiencesC, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM