Personal Protective Grounding
Through circuit analysis, the impact of fault current on a lineman with and without adequate protective grounding will be demonstrated. One will then understand the potential hazardous impact to the worker when ground sets are built inadequately or they are improperly set up. Will discuss the construction of ground sets and how the component choices and assembly are critical to their performance, emphasizing this through videos of ground sets being tested at fault current levels. OSHA guidelines will be reviewed.
- Jeff Kopp – Product Manager CHANCE Lineman Grade Tools – Hubbell Power Systems
- Understanding the Changes to EPA’s Greenhouse Gas Emission Standards for New and Existing Power PlantsG, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM
- How New Open Data Efforts are Elevating Grid ModelingG, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Deploying FLISR at the Coop LevelG, 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM
- Supply Chain Management and Procurement Roundtable - Part 1G, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- Beyond Passwords and Firewalls: Cybersecurity Tactics for Today’s Co-opG, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM