Third Party Security
An area of growing complexity and importance that can be overlooked when evaluating the cybersecurity posture of your co-op. Many co-ops work with third party vendors for services related to meter management, IT, accounting, janitorial work, copier repair, and other functions. Remote access to system networks, physical access to buildings, substations, computers, servers and/or network connections can pose cybersecurity risks. Cybersecurity vulnerabilities can enter the supply chain and impact products and materials bought off the shelf. Learn how NRECA has approached third party security and what controls have proven to be effective. We will discuss third party security standards, an evaluation checklist, current data security laws and how they apply.
- Richard Condello – Senior Director – NRECA
- TECHTALK: How to Harvest the Cost Savings and Public Relations Gold from an LED Streetlight UpgradeC, 1:45 PM - 2:15 PM
- How to Think Like a CriminalC, 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- TECHTALK: Organizing Chaos: Proactively Planning Utility Security Protocol Regarding On-Site ThreatsC, 2:45 PM - 3:15 PM
- TECHTALK: Leakers... What a Mess! Cost Effective Methods for Repairing Transformer and Circuit Breaker Oil LeaksC, 3:45 PM - 4:15 PM
- Blockchain: What Utilities Need to KnowD, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM