Third Party Security
An area of growing complexity and importance that can be overlooked when evaluating the cybersecurity posture of your co-op. Many co-ops work with third party vendors for services related to meter management, IT, accounting, janitorial work, copier repair, and other functions. Remote access to system networks, physical access to buildings, substations, computers, servers and/or network connections can pose cybersecurity risks. Cybersecurity vulnerabilities can enter the supply chain and impact products and materials bought off the shelf. Learn how NRECA has approached third party security and what controls have proven to be effective. We will discuss third party security standards, an evaluation checklist, current data security laws and how they apply.
- Richard Condello – Senior Director – NRECA
- Understanding the Changes to EPA’s Greenhouse Gas Emission Standards for New and Existing Power PlantsG, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM
- How New Open Data Efforts are Elevating Grid ModelingG, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Deploying FLISR at the Coop LevelG, 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM
- Supply Chain Management and Procurement Roundtable - Part 1G, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- Beyond Passwords and Firewalls: Cybersecurity Tactics for Today’s Co-opG, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM