New Approaches to Mitigating Wildfire Risk
With the increase in catastrophic wildfires and associated heightened attention on liability, co-ops are examining new strategies for mitigating risk. Join this burning discussion on ways co-ops are implementing new technologies, increasing infrastructure inspections, enhancing vegetation management practices, and hardening the grid as a means to suppress wildfires. We’ll also focus on how recent changes in federal law are affecting wildfire liability, especially on federal lands. What other challenges and emerging issues may co-ops face in light of these wildfire issues?
- Janelle Lemen – Regulatory Issues Director – NRECA
- Battery Energy Storage and StandardsF, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Start Here to Make the Case for Cybersecurity InvestmentF, 9:15 AM - 10:30 AM
- Battery Energy Storage Procurement and Business Model Best PracticesF, 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- Scenario Planning for Technological ChangeF, 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM
- Business Case for Intelligent Grid Edge ControlF, 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM