Navigating the FAA Waiver Process
The easiest part about creating a drone program at an electric cooperative is building a use case and purchasing the drone. Once you complete your first flight you quickly realize that certain FAA waivers will greatly improve mission efficiencies and help with outage restoration.
This panel will consist of UAS industry experts, an electric cooperative and an FAA BVLOS specialist who will take you through the journey of the FAA part 107 waiver process and the future of waiver regulations.
- Kelly Fritz – Manager of Information Systems – Wake Electric
- Rusty Ortkiese – Unmanned Aerial Systems Sales Engineer – GRESCO
- TECHTALK: Utility Battery Storage EconomicsD, 2:45 PM - 3:15 PM
- Safely Guiding Crews and Resources During Mutual Aid Events: A Case Study on Emergency Planning with Dairyland Power CooperativeD, 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Rate Considerations Related to Solar Distributed GenerationE, 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
- Wireless Communications: A Necessity for Grid Modernization – Many Options and OpportunitiesE, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Solutions to Common Distribution Protection ChallengesE, 8:40 AM - 9:10 AM