Measuring the Planning and Operation Impacts of Distributed Solar Energy Resources Penetrating a Cooperative Distribution System
Cooperatives are burdened with the task of providing quality power at consumer-demanded levels regardless of weather conditions. Increasing amounts of solar generation penetrating distribution systems require Utilities™ attention be multifaceted to assure safe and reliable power supplies.
This case study illustrates how Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative leveraged unified data analytics to identify excess solar generation, accurately define dynamic feeder loading and circuit capacity ultimately influencing decisions regarding infrastructure needs and power purchasing from G&T and solar metered consumers.
- Tony Stone – System Engineer – Blue Ridge Electric Cooperative
- Ace Kumar – President – AriesPro
- Shivani Sangari – CEO – AriesPro
- Creative Partnerships in Cooperative BroadbandD, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- How a Pilot in the IOU Space may Transform Wireless Broadband Opportunities for Co-opsD, 9:15 AM - 10:30 AM
- IT PEER-To-PEER Part 1D, 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- IT PEER-To-PEER Part 2D, 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM
- CEO-lead Fiber Broadband Discussion: Three of the Top Fiber Projects in the CountryD, 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM