Load Management Strategies when Integrating Electric Vehicles
Electric vehicles represent a major load growth opportunity for utilities consuming up to 336 TWh annually by 2030. However, without load management strategies, EVs could be an operational nightmare. During this session, ChargePoint will share insights from millions of charging sessions collected through its smart fueling network and SEPA will highlight findings from a new report, “A Comprehensive Guide to Electric Vehicle Managed Charging”, to improve load management, grow revenues and ensure customer satisfaction.
Topics will include technology design approaches, the results of a utility managed charging survey, availability of managed charging vendors, and utility case study findings. Attendees will learn valuable insights based on data from millions of charging sessions how utilities can maintain visibility in this unplanned load growth and incorporate data into distribution planning.
- Erika Myers – Principal, Transportation Electrification – Smart Electric Power Alliance
- Mike Waters – Director Utility Solutions – ChargePoint
- Commercial Electric Trucks are Around the Corner: Are you Ready?F, 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
- Industrial Applications of Machine Learning, AR and VRF, 2:45 PM - 4:00 PM
- Using Digital Forms on Mobile Devices to Increase Reliability and Record RetentionG, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Why We Care: Addressing the Ethical Sourcing DilemmaG, 9:15 AM - 10:30 AM
- Making Way for 5G?G, 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM