Load Management Strategies when Integrating Electric Vehicles
Electric vehicles represent a major load growth opportunity for utilities consuming up to 336 TWh annually by 2030. However, without load management strategies, EVs could be an operational nightmare. During this session, ChargePoint will share insights from millions of charging sessions collected through its smart fueling network and SEPA will highlight findings from a new report, “A Comprehensive Guide to Electric Vehicle Managed Charging”, to improve load management, grow revenues and ensure customer satisfaction.
Topics will include technology design approaches, the results of a utility managed charging survey, availability of managed charging vendors, and utility case study findings. Attendees will learn valuable insights based on data from millions of charging sessions how utilities can maintain visibility in this unplanned load growth and incorporate data into distribution planning.
- Erika Myers – Principal, Transportation Electrification – Smart Electric Power Alliance
- James Ellis – Sr. Director, Utility Solutions – ChargePoint, Inc.
- Wireless and/or Wireline Broadband….We've Done Both!D, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- How a Pilot in the IOU Space may Transform Wireless Broadband Opportunities for Co-opsD, 9:15 AM - 10:30 AM
- IT PEER-To-PEER Part 1D, 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- TECHTALK: BYOD? Advantages and Security ChallengesD, 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM
- IT PEER-To-PEER Part 2D, 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM