Distribution Operations Challenges and Solutions with DER
This session will feature a panel of utility experts who will:
- Provide a high level overview of the new IEEE 1547 standards for smart inverters providing watts and Vars.
- Feature Bandera Electric Cooperative who are supplying transactive energy services using the distribution wires, metering and billing software as the platform.
- The need for new rate policies to compensate for the value DER provides
- Robert Harris – Senior Principal Transmission & Distribution Engineer – NRECA
- Bill Hetherington – Chief Executive Officer – Bandera Electric Co-op, Inc.
- Russell Young – Senior Vice President, Operations – Engie
- Overhead Reliability Solutions Case Study: Habersham EMC and Davey Resource GroupD, 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- TECHTALK: Utility Battery Storage EconomicsD, 2:45 PM - 3:15 PM
- Safely Guiding Crews and Resources During Mutual Aid Events: A Case Study on Emergency Planning with Dairyland Power CooperativeD, 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Rate Considerations Related to Solar Distributed GenerationE, 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
- Wireless Communications: A Necessity for Grid Modernization – Many Options and OpportunitiesE, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM