Deploying Today’s Fiber Backbone with Readiness for Future FTTH
As cooperatives investigate potential broadband initiative programs, they quickly realize large-scale fiber to the home or wireless to the home deployment programs can be very capital intensive and daunting to approve. This presentation discusses risk mitigation processes to better understand the fiber optic technologies needed for FTTH or WTTH broadband programs, the potential NESC driven make-ready costs, and methodologies to deploy fiber for utility operations first, and then transition to a broadband initiative later.
- Jim Weikert – Lead Utility Automation Consultant – Power System Engineering, Inc.
- Understanding the Changes to EPA’s Greenhouse Gas Emission Standards for New and Existing Power PlantsG, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM
- How New Open Data Efforts are Elevating Grid ModelingG, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Deploying FLISR at the Coop LevelG, 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM
- Supply Chain Management and Procurement Roundtable - Part 1G, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- Beyond Passwords and Firewalls: Cybersecurity Tactics for Today’s Co-opG, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM