Cybersecurity Tabletop Exercises: Lessons Learned from Co-ops
Cybersecurity exercises play an important role in security preparedness by enabling various groups to test and validate their organization’s plans and capabilities. These exercises identify existing capability gaps and areas for improvement — before a cyber incident occurs.
NRECA’s RC3 Program is assisting small and mid-sized electric distribution co-ops in their cybersecurity preparedness. The project is creating cybersecurity scenarios and a DIY tabletop toolkit for these exercises. A variety of scenarios are being tested by a group of co-ops. The resulting portfolio of tabletop exercises will be released to the co-op community. Hear from the co-ops who worked to help develop these scenarios. They will share lessons learned and the benefits of conducting these exercises.
- Jon Watkins – Manager of Information Services – Pioneer Electric Cooperative
- Robin Harrell – Manager Technical Services – Roanoke Electric Cooperative
- Andrea Christoffer – Marketing & Communications Manager – Federated Rural Electric
- Adaora Ifebigh – Project Manager – NRECA
- Blockchain: What Utilities Need to KnowD, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM
- Energy Storage Uses Cases and ProcurementD, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Wood Pole Inspection and Inventory MaintenanceD, 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM
- How to Modernize and Improve Safety Practices with TechnologyD, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- Practical Integration of Dispatchable Solar + Energy StorageD, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM