Cybersecurity for Operation Tech Space
The session focuses on practical strategies for improving security of electric utility substations. Topics will include:
- Creating a secure perimeter
- Securing remote communication using encrypted virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Creating firewalls
- Automating management of relay passwords.
- Using syslog to report and collect on device and security events
- Monitoring relay setting changes, remote access, and performance
- Securing the interior of the LAN with software-defined networking
- Steve Watt – Senior Program Manager, Communications – Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.