Cybersecurity for Operation Tech Space
The session focuses on practical strategies for improving security of electric utility substations. Topics will include:
- Creating a secure perimeter
- Securing remote communication using encrypted virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Creating firewalls
- Automating management of relay passwords.
- Using syslog to report and collect on device and security events
- Monitoring relay setting changes, remote access, and performance
- Securing the interior of the LAN with software-defined networking
- Steve Watt – Senior Program Manager, Communications – Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
- TECHTALK: Utility Battery Storage EconomicsD, 2:45 PM - 3:15 PM
- Safely Guiding Crews and Resources During Mutual Aid Events: A Case Study on Emergency Planning with Dairyland Power CooperativeD, 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Rate Considerations Related to Solar Distributed GenerationE, 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
- Wireless Communications: A Necessity for Grid Modernization – Many Options and OpportunitiesE, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Solutions to Common Distribution Protection ChallengesE, 8:40 AM - 9:10 AM