Cybersecurity for Operation Tech Space
The session focuses on practical strategies for improving security of electric utility substations. Topics will include:
- Creating a secure perimeter
- Securing remote communication using encrypted virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Creating firewalls
- Automating management of relay passwords.
- Using syslog to report and collect on device and security events
- Monitoring relay setting changes, remote access, and performance
- Securing the interior of the LAN with software-defined networking
- Steve Watt – Senior Program Manager, Communications – Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
- Create a Smart Take on DataF, 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- Building for the Future: Electric Cooperative Facility PlanningF, 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Understanding the Changes to EPA’s Greenhouse Gas Emission Standards for New and Existing Power PlantsG, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM
- How New Open Data Efforts are Elevating Grid ModelingG, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Deploying FLISR at the Coop LevelG, 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM