Cybersecurity Best Practices for IoT/Network Devices: A Case Study on South River EMC
The rapid growth of IoT (network) devices has brought a rise in cybersecurity threats, ranging from malware to distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks.
Learn how South River Electric Membership Corporation is connecting and coordinating their growing ecosystem of IoT devices using the latest security standards. This session will also review how utilities can holistically prepare for cybersecurity threats: from end-user application to the device, through to the network connection and the cloud, and then to enterprise systems.
- Tim Peede – Manager of Information Technology – South River Electric Membership Corporation
- Brad Johnson – Account Manager, Cooperatives – Clevest
- Eldon Mast – Director, Solution Channels – Sierra Wireless
- TECHTALK: Utility Battery Storage EconomicsD, 2:45 PM - 3:15 PM
- Safely Guiding Crews and Resources During Mutual Aid Events: A Case Study on Emergency Planning with Dairyland Power CooperativeD, 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Rate Considerations Related to Solar Distributed GenerationE, 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
- Wireless Communications: A Necessity for Grid Modernization – Many Options and OpportunitiesE, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Solutions to Common Distribution Protection ChallengesE, 8:40 AM - 9:10 AM