Cellular for Utility Applications
The shift from private radio, low-bandwidth communication networks to public cellular networks have transformed how utility companies manage assets, infrastructure, operations and serve their customers. However, there remains a level of skepticism and unease with cellular technology as a primary means of connecting assets in their distribution network. This session will demonstrate what types of cellular IOT technologies support utilities grid infrastructure. Attendees will understand how to determine which solution works best for their co-ops grid application as well as solutions to enhance operational efficiency and reduce cost in maintaining grid reliability.
- Warren Westrup – Director of Business Development, Utilities – Sierra Wireless
- Rate Considerations Related to Solar Distributed GenerationE, 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
- Wireless Communications: A Necessity for Grid Modernization – Many Options and OpportunitiesE, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Solutions to Common Distribution Protection ChallengesE, 8:40 AM - 9:10 AM
- Load Studies Using Interval AMI DataE, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- Solving Power Quality Issues from Large Motor Starts using Fast-Acting Capacitor Bank AssistanceE, 9:20 AM - 9:50 AM