Cellular for Utility Applications
The shift from private radio, low-bandwidth communication networks to public cellular networks have transformed how utility companies manage assets, infrastructure, operations and serve their customers. However, there remains a level of skepticism and unease with cellular technology as a primary means of connecting assets in their distribution network. This session will demonstrate what types of cellular IOT technologies support utilities grid infrastructure. Attendees will understand how to determine which solution works best for their co-ops grid application as well as solutions to enhance operational efficiency and reduce cost in maintaining grid reliability.
- Warren Westrup – Director of Business Development, Utilities – Sierra Wireless
- Blockchain: What Utilities Need to KnowD, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM
- Energy Storage Uses Cases and Procurement D, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Wood Pole Inspection and Inventory MaintenanceD, 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM
- How to Modernize and Improve Safety Practices with TechnologyD, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- Practical Integration of Dispatchable Solar + Energy StorageD, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM