TECHTALK: Case Study for Building a Business Case for FLISR Based on Outage Prevention and Restoration Benefits
Based on a full-scale simulation in a live 25 kV distribution system, Powertech team has developed a model for estimating the benefits of FLISR. This presentation will provide a brief overview of FLISR, how it works and the automation schemes. The major focus of the presentation is on the benefits estimated from the simulation, and how the benefits can lead to successful business case for rural (radial) distribution systems. The model used will be described to help others pursuing FLISR.
- Vidya Vankayala – Director, Grid Modernization – Powertech Labs Inc.
- Richard Guo – Smartgrid Engineer – Powertech Labs Inc.
- Rate Considerations Related to Solar Distributed GenerationE, 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
- Wireless Communications: A Necessity for Grid Modernization – Many Options and OpportunitiesE, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Solutions to Common Distribution Protection ChallengesE, 8:40 AM - 9:10 AM
- Load Studies Using Interval AMI DataE, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- Solving Power Quality Issues from Large Motor Starts using Fast-Acting Capacitor Bank AssistanceE, 9:20 AM - 9:50 AM