Beyond Passwords and Firewalls: Cybersecurity Tactics for Today’s Co-op
NRECA’s RC3 program provided advanced cyber training during the past year to more than 40 co-op staff using courses from the SANS system – the largest source for information security training and security certification in the world.
Hear from a some of your colleagues who participated in SANS trainings – what they learned, how they applied it to improve cybersecurity at their co-ops, and how cyber certification advanced their careers. You’ll get tips to benefit your co-op’s cyber protection from your colleagues who took the trainings, and a full list of RC3 resources to consider for your own co-op’s training and cyber protection practices.
The panel will compare cybersecurity training needs, costs and benefits for all sizes of co-op systems – information your GM and Board should know to budget for cyber protections.
- Taylor Cox – Network Security Administrator – Consumers Power, Inc.
- Gary Highley – COO – McKenzie Electric Cooperative, Inc
- Shaun Barnes – IT Specialist – Ravalli Electric Co-op
- Overhead Reliability Solutions Case Study: Habersham EMC and Davey Resource GroupD, 2:00 PM - 3:15 PM
- TECHTALK: Utility Battery Storage EconomicsD, 2:45 PM - 3:15 PM
- Safely Guiding Crews and Resources During Mutual Aid Events: A Case Study on Emergency Planning with Dairyland Power CooperativeD, 3:30 PM - 4:45 PM
- Rate Considerations Related to Solar Distributed GenerationE, 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM
- Wireless Communications: A Necessity for Grid Modernization – Many Options and OpportunitiesE, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM