Beyond Passwords and Firewalls: Cybersecurity Tactics for Today’s Co-op
NRECA’s RC3 program provided advanced cyber training during the past year to more than 40 co-op staff using courses from the SANS system – the largest source for information security training and security certification in the world.
Hear from a some of your colleagues who participated in SANS trainings – what they learned, how they applied it to improve cybersecurity at their co-ops, and how cyber certification advanced their careers. You’ll get tips to benefit your co-op’s cyber protection from your colleagues who took the trainings, and a full list of RC3 resources to consider for your own co-op’s training and cyber protection practices.
The panel will compare cybersecurity training needs, costs and benefits for all sizes of co-op systems – information your GM and Board should know to budget for cyber protections.
- Taylor Cox – Network Security Administrator – Consumers Power, Inc.
- Gary Highley – COO – McKenzie Electric Cooperative, Inc
- Shaun Barnes – IT Specialist – Ravalli Electric Co-op
- Lauren Khair – Senior Analyst, Economics & Industry – NRECA
- A Test Case for Conservation Voltage OptimizationC, 8:00 AM - 8:50 AM
- Case Study on Cybersecurity Framework for MicrogridsC, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- 20/20 Hindsight: Transitioning from PLC Pioneer to Next-Gen AMIC, 9:00 AM - 9:50 AM
- Third Party SecurityC, 9:15 AM - 10:15 AM
- CRISP: Two Cooperative's ExperiencesC, 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM