Arc Flash Calculation Impacts Based on New IEEE Standard 1584-2018
This session will help Cooperatives navigate and understand the changes and impacts of the new IEEE 1584-2018 (Guide for Performing Arc-Flash Hazard Calculations)standard. This new standard completely overhauls the approach on calculating incident energy when compared to the IEEE 1584-2002 approach and brings new challenges that will have to be addressed. The new calculations have yielded much higher incident energy results depending on system characteristics, which may result in changes to work rules, PPE, and overcurrent device settings.
- Braxton Underwood – Principal – GDS Associates, Inc.
- Curtis Freeman – Project Engineer – GDS Associates, Inc.
- Matthew Avery – Senior Vice President of Engineering and Operations – Choctawhatchee Electric Cooperative (CHELCO)
- Commercial Electric Trucks are Around the Corner: Are you Ready?F, 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
- Industrial Applications of Machine Learning, AR and VRF, 2:45 PM - 4:00 PM
- Using Digital Forms on Mobile Devices to Increase Reliability and Record RetentionG, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Why We Care: Addressing the Ethical Sourcing DilemmaG, 9:15 AM - 10:30 AM
- Making Way for 5G?G, 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM