Arc Flash Calculation Impacts Based on New IEEE Standard 1584-2018
This session will help Cooperatives navigate and understand the changes and impacts of the new IEEE 1584-2018 (Guide for Performing Arc-Flash Hazard Calculations)standard. This new standard completely overhauls the approach on calculating incident energy when compared to the IEEE 1584-2002 approach and brings new challenges that will have to be addressed. The new calculations have yielded much higher incident energy results depending on system characteristics, which may result in changes to work rules, PPE, and overcurrent device settings.
- Braxton Underwood – Principal – GDS Associates, Inc.
- Curtis Freeman – Project Engineer – GDS Associates, Inc.
- Matthew Avery – Senior Vice President of Engineering and Operations – Choctawhatchee Electric Cooperative (CHELCO)
- Wireless and/or Wireline Broadband….We've Done Both!D, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- How a Pilot in the IOU Space may Transform Wireless Broadband Opportunities for Co-opsD, 9:15 AM - 10:30 AM
- IT PEER-To-PEER Part 1D, 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
- TECHTALK: BYOD? Advantages and Security ChallengesD, 10:30 AM - 11:00 AM
- IT PEER-To-PEER Part 2D, 10:45 AM - 12:00 PM