Applying Advanced Reclosers to DER Interconnections
Many cooperatives choose to apply reclosers as points of common coupling to reduce the total cost of integrating DERs into the power system. This presentation discusses how, to meet IEEE 1547-2018 requirements for islanding detection, Pee Dee Electric uses a combination of direct transfer trip (DTT) and adaptive local elements to provide secure and dependable tripping for unintentional islands, regardless of communications channel reliability. They use advanced recloser controls to simplify setting, testing, commissioning, and verifying UL 1741 site compliance.
- Luke Booth – Application Engineer – Protection – Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories, Inc.
- Tony Eason – VP of Engineering and Operations – Pee Dee Electric
- Commercial Electric Trucks are Around the Corner: Are you Ready?F, 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
- Industrial Applications of Machine Learning, AR and VRF, 2:45 PM - 4:00 PM
- Using Digital Forms on Mobile Devices to Increase Reliability and Record RetentionG, 8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Why We Care: Addressing the Ethical Sourcing DilemmaG, 9:15 AM - 10:30 AM
- Making Way for 5G?G, 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM